Tipperary County Council has agreed to support small and medium businesses operating in County Tipperary by reducing the amount of rates payable if the rates are paid in a timely manner. 663 ratepayers saved in excess of €79,000 in 2017 by participating in the scheme.
A 6% or 5% reduction may be applied, as a financial support, to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills of up to €5,000 in 2018, subject to a number of terms and conditions.
A reduction of €300 or €250 may be applied, as a financial support, to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills between €5,000 and €12,000 in 2018, subject to the terms outlined below.
Terms and conditions of the Scheme
Applicants must occupy a commercially rated property in County Tipperary and meet the following criteria:
1) Register for the Scheme – Registration to be submitted with payment or on commencement of Standing Order Payments.
2) Total commercial rates invoice(s) must not exceed a maximum amount of €12,000 in 2018.
3) Option 1 – To avail of a 6% discount, subject to a maximum of €300, you must Register for the scheme and pay your rates in full (less the Early Payment Incentive) by 30th April 2018.
4) Option 2 – To avail of a 5% discount, subject to a maximum of €250, you must Register for the scheme and pay your rates in full (less the Early Payment Incentive) by 31st July 2018.
5) Option 3 – Register for the Scheme and commence payment by Standing Order by 30th April 2018 to clear the account, by equal instalments, before 30th September 2018.
6) Option 4 – Applicants paying by Tipperary County Council’s Direct Debit Scheme are automatically eligible, for the 5% discount, to a Maximum of €250, without registering, provided they meet the other criteria of the scheme and commercial rates account is paid in full by September 2018. Please note that a Standing Order does not constitute payment by Direct Debit
7) Option 5 – Arrears on your Account? YOU CAN STILL QUALIFY
The scheme is open to customers with arrears on their accounts where they meet the following requirements.
a) Pay an amount equivalent of the 2018 year’s rates by 31st July 2018 and
b) Enter into an agreed structured payment plan before 30th April 2018 to address and eliminate arrears by Bank Standing Order.
8) Eligibility for the scheme, and the appropriate reduction, will apply to the overall amount due where a single customer has more than one rates account. Ratepayers must supply any supporting documentation requested by the Council before the reduction is applied.
9) Final Decision on Eligibility for scheme rests with Tipperary County Council
Exceptions / Not Eligible for inclusion in the scheme
- Accounts where the total 2018 commercial rates charge exceeds €12,000
- Vacant Property
- Ratepayers availing of the Commercial Incentive Scheme